So I'm sitting here, 10pm on a Sunday night, and what am I doing you may ask? Watching the Little Mermaid of course (thank you, ABC Family). Also thanks to the channel guide, I found out that this movie was made in 1989, (hey T-Swift hey), which makes it older than I am! So this got me thinking, what would Ariel wear today if she could live on land in 2015? I mean she totally rocked that sheet-and-rope look, but I personally think she could do better than that. So, I grabbed my dinglehopper and my snarfblat and got to work. Heres what I came up with:
My idea was definitely a very updated version of our classic Ariel that we know and love. Even though she's a princess, I could see her rocking this look walking on the beach with Eric, running around after Scuttle, walking down the street, walking around the palace...did I mention walking??? In all seriousness, I was inspired by her green mermaid tail to incorporate these green high waisted shorts, paired with a very nautical white collared shirt. A fedora (I don't know why, but i peg Ariel for a fedora girl), sunnies and purple gemmed sandals complete her human look.
I'm off to finish watching the Little Mermaid! Goodnight and sweet dreams my fellow mermaids xxx

That blue bow seals the deal! I love how instead of putting her in an extravagant gown or dress, you chose to have high waisted shorts and a simple, nice shirt. All the colors seem to sum up her whole look and personality perfectly. And if we wanted to be an updated version of Ariel ourselves, the outfit would be very flattering.
ReplyDelete