Monday, November 10, 2014

YouTube Spreads the Word (Blog Post #9)



Social media has quickly become the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to spread the word about, well, anything! Popular YouTubers today reach a few million followers everyday with their new videos showcasing their style, beauty tips and haul videos. Haul videos, whether sponsored by a company or not, are the best way to share a brand all over the world. These videos introduce brands to new customers, sometimes not even costing the company a penny! For example, I watch vlogger Dulce Candy on YouTube, who recently did a haul video from a store called World Market located in California. I had never heard of this brand, since I'm from New York, but after seeing her haul video, I had to do some research on the store! Turns out, they have a location in New Jersey, and also have a website where I could purchase all the same items she did. Without even sponsoring this video, World Market has just received free buzz about their company. Overall, YouTube is a great way for consumers to learn about new brands, and for brands to reach out to new consumers. Here is Dulce Candy's haul video from World Market:



2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that Youtubers are on the rise! I have been following Dulce Candy for so many years and i love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YouTube is one of the biggest social media formats that show fashion and other things to people. I also agree that youtubers are on the rise.

    ReplyDelete